This guide will explain how to deploy software and firmware updates to your users in the SCP.
To configure the users to receive software/firmware updates:
- Select a group, then click into the Profile.
- Go to User Management > Software update.
- Select "Access the repository to check for updates and patches"
- Click Apply
- Then go to Firmware Update
- Select "Access the repository to check for updates and patches".
- Click OK
- Click Yes to apply the group settings to the user
- In Software Management
- Click Add to browse for the software update and add it to the Package List.
- Alternatively, clicking the refresh button will check for the update online. Then click Download button to get the software update in the repository.
- Select the Group to receive the update by clicking on the check-box next to the corresponding group.
When the client opens the software, they will receive the prompt below.
- In Firmware Management you can't download firmware updates but only export them to the Module List.
- Click Add to browse for the firmware update and add it to the Module List.
- Now select a Group to receive the firmware update.
When the client connects the recorder with or without the software open they will receive the prompt below.