An instruction comment is maintained as a file separate from the main dictation file and provides the Typist with special instructions specified by the Author. An instruction comment can only be created with the Direct Recording function.
To create an instructional comment follow the steps below:
- In the Dictation Module, click File > New Dictation.
- Click on Instruction Comment button as shown below.
- A red box will appear around the time scale to indicate that you are recording an instructional comment. The instructional comment is created in a separate audio file, and therefore does not interfere with your main dictation.
- When you have finished making your instruction comment, press the instruction comment button again, and the red box will disappear. You can now resume your main dictation.
- When you finish your dictation, it will save in the dictation list, and have an instructional comment icon next to it. If you want to listen to the comment then press the Instruction Comment as shown in the image below.