On rare occasions a firmware update may fail (due to environmental factors), subsequently the DVR can enter into a loop of restarting and preparing the firmware update. Please follow the steps below to fix this issue...
- Leave the recorder on to drain the battery until its below 50%, this will stop the update process
- Connect the recorder to the PC
- Browse to the DS-9500/DS-9000/DS-2600 drive
- Click on the View tab and tick "Hidden items"
- Open the SYSTEM folder
- Delete the "olfirm.bin" file
- Download and run the firmware update again
- Charge up the recorder battery, so its above 50% to do the firmware update process