This article goes through the RecMic II Configuration settings in the ODMS R7 Dictation Module.
- Open the Dictation Module
- Connect the Rec Mic
- Click on Tools and then Options
- Click on the Device tab
- Ensure the recorder is recognised by checking the relevant RecMic II model is selected and the Model Name field should display the version and serial number.
This allow you to change what the functions on the button does. Note the buttons in the image will highlight as you press the buttons on the recorder.
To change a function on a button follow the steps below.
- Click on the function and select from the drop down list
- Then click Apply and OK
Applies the user name to the recorder. Note this doesn't apply the Author ID to the recordings if you want to configure this then follow this guide here.
This makes the button click sound less susceptible to be picked up the microphone.
This will make the recorder produce a beep sound when a button or slide is operated. You can also set the volume of the beep sound.
This enables the track ball so you can use the mouse on the recorder. Note this function not available with the DR-2100.
This enables the left button to be remained pressed allowing you to drag the mouse with ease. You can set the time sensitivity of when the Click Lock will occur.
This feature is only available with the RecMic II and not the previous RecMic generation.
The Recording window lets you configure the microphone settings such as the Recording scene mode and the Microphone motion control.
The Recording Scene mode adjusts the microphone directionality, noise cancellation and gain control depending on the recording environment.
To change the Recording Scene mode, click on the current settings drop down and select from the list.
Enable automatic mute mode will mute the microphone when the RecMic is placed down and will unmute when the RecMic is picked up.
Enable hands-free recording mode will allow you to record while the RecMic is placed in the cradle.
The Application Control Window allows you to further configure the RecMic to control additional functions of the software.
To configure a button follow the steps below.
- Click on the "..." button within the Assign field.
- Select a Category from the drop down
- Direct Recording
- Playback Control
- General (Launch or close the Dictation Module)
- Voice Recognition (Real-Time Voice Recognition Editor Window)
- Dragon User Commands (Use custom created Dragon User Commands)
- Select a Command
- Click OK