This article goes through putting the RecMic II in compatibility mode...
The DirectRec Compatibility mode is ideal when using software that does not support the RecMic II range. To change mode, hold down the F2 + F4 buttons for 5 seconds, the RM series will turn into the DR mode. By repeating this step, it will turn back to the RM mode.
Please note, the following limitations when switching to DR mode:
- The new microphone technology in the RecMic II range will not fully function and would only work in the Quiet Environment Mode
- +- buttons are missing in the RecMic II series, so volume control can only be achieved application side
- The trackball is clickable in RecMic II series but will be disabled in DR mode
- Fa, Fb, Fc in general will be disabled in DR mode but Fa, Fb would work as Left, Right mouse click for Trackball models
- Button mode will only work in Olympus mode
Each model will be recognized as follows:
- RM-4000P -> DR-1200
- RM-4010P -> DR-1200
- RM-4015P -> DR-1200
- RM-4100S -> DR-2100
- RM-4110S -> DR-2200