The SC1 is already able to support a wide range of barcode formats as described in this article. There are a number of business sectors who may use a lesser known format and as a result we have released an update to provide support for these.
This guide will demonstrate how to upgrade the DS-5000's firmware to support the following formats:
- Bookland EAN
- Coupon Code
- Trioptic Code 39
- Discrete 2 of 5 (also known as Industrial 2 of 5)
Read the following carefully before you begin. Mistakes made during a firmware update may result in the device being left unusable.
- Download FWUpUtil_V1056.exe from the Downloads section of this website.
- Connect the DS-5000 or DS-5000iD
- Execute the Firmware update utility
- Select Start
- Wait for the firmware to be uploaded and installed to the device.
Do not disconnect the device during the update
- Select Finished
- Disconnect the device
- Connect the SC1
- Switch on the device
Print this document using the print icon at the top of this document to correctly scan the barcodes.
- Scan this barcode
- Now scan this barcode
- Switch the device off and then back on
- Test the update has been sucessful by scanning the below barcode in the Industrial 2 of 5 format. If the scan completes without Scan Error then the update was sucessful.
- Apply the firmware update to each device.
- Scan all above barcodes with each SC1 to activate each SC1 after update