- Select the Device tab, then Device Folders in the left pane.
- Select a folder, then click on the […] button.
- Enter a password and confirm it in the second field.
The password must be at least 4 characters in length and must match the password set for the device.
- Set Encryption to Yes.
- Select the Update button and click All Pages.
- Acknowledge the update by clicking OK.
- Select OK to confirm, then OK again to save and exit the options menu.
The Encryption feature can also be set to the folders in the software.
- To set this, select Options from the Tools menu.
- Select a folder, set Encryption to Yes and enter the encryption password.
- Keys should appear for each of the folders in the dictation tree view and on the device.
- All dictation created in this folder will now be encrypted in real-time at point of record. The encrypted files are identified by a padlock symbol.
- If folder encryption is not set for the Dictation Module or Transcription Module folder, the system will prompt you to enter the password when file playback is attempted.
The file encryption will even protect the recordings if the memory card is removed from the device and place in a card reader of other voice recorder.